6 aug 2008

Getting into photography

I have to tell about this guy Guy I met a few years ago. On an evening a few (5?) years ago I went to a goth-party where I met Guy. He introduced himself as being a photographer and he asked me if I would like to do a shoot for his 'goth girl' series. I got his business card and he told me to contact him if I was interested. Of course I felt flattered (who wouldn't?), so it didn't take me very long to decide and call him to make an appointment. I had done one or two shoots before (for a friend of mine studying photography), but this shoot was totally different. With softboxes, backgrounds and lots of other professional equipment (I was intrigued). After the shoot he immediately showed me some of the results and I found the pictures really amazing.. I couldn't imagine he could make me look so glamorous! :) (btw: I'm still happy with those pictures Guy! ;))

After that shoot we met sometimes on parties and had a nice chat. I must say I have always liked Guy because of his honest opinions, his sarcastic and witty sense of humour and his worldly wisdom (:D hehe..). No really, he's a great guy.
Then one moment he suddenly announced he would start his life over in Cambodia, and so we lost contact.
But he set up a blog www.sweetcucumber.com, so people could read all about his adventures, and that's what I did and still do.
I keep visiting his blog regularly (even now he's back in Belgium for a while?) to read the typical Guy-posts, they always make me laugh. And of course I like to gaze at his amazing pictures (you can see them here: www.guyd2.com).

Thanks to Guy, my interest in photography was encouraged. (I'll never be as good as him, but I'll never give up trying :D)

The second person who encouraged me to start "shooting" was my own personal photographer: my dearest G.
Without him I wouldn't know the difference between shutterspeed and aperture :p He's often having a hard time repeating over and over to me photography is more than just giving it a shot. (Please keep on doing this my dear, never give up! ;))

He started his own blog yesterday evening: ROUGHLY SPEAKING
His first post is the first chapter of a very (very!) extended version of my blog-entry about Tuscany, so take a glance at his brand-new wordpress page. (Go for it darling! Exploit your excellent writing skills! Welcome to the blog-side of life! :D)

0 answers: