7 mrt 2008











Did you notice them?
Yes, probably not only in Antwerp .. A hype among the citizens, the trendy peeps (read 'copycats').

Yes, in Antwerp it is now very fashionable to drive a old, second-hand (?) big JEEP, preferably a Defender.. With mud included!!
Really, a Defender is not a luxury car, not even a beautifull car. I know, because I was so "lucky" to drive one during a team-event (jeeej) in the Belgian Ardennes..

Yes, it's a fantastic car, for it's use .... It's use, that is: climbing over mountains, driving through river beds and on slippery roads without a problem. I really got convinced about how exceptionally useful such a car can be …. on the country, in the desert or in the woods.. Or if you need to transport horses, or other big things..

Yes .... but HOW (?!?) can this car be useful in the center of Antwerp? To easily get in the parking lot of your local grocery shop? To transport your 10 children to school (because it's ohhhh soooo safe)? For any other ludicrous reason?
Really unbelievable... Am I missing something, or is it me?

Oh yeah and btw: for those people who think that a jeep is safer then a normal car, it's not ..
Oh yeah and btw2: thanks to the jeep-peeps: there's even less parking space available now.. GREAT! Thank you! Good job!
Oh yeah and btw3: I hope the next car-hype is not a Hummer!

Say 'NO' to jeeps! Think, don't just copy!

GRMBL
J.

2 answers:

Anoniem zei

Yeah I know, I HATE HATE HATE all these 4x4 cars! They are baad for the environment, they are way too big and abolutely unnecessary!
The only car I would want is a smart for two. Or an oldtime fiat500 or mini :-)

Avanisha zei

You would look astonishing in a Red Mini.. ;)